Saturday 21 September 2013

Rainbow treats

This is an original idea that I have just dreamed up of.

My kids simply love the idea of decorating these with the colourful rainbow rice.

I love the idea of making these. The sweetness of the coconut sugar was a surprise ingredient.

Ingredients:
Glutinous rice flour
Mashed baby yam
Coconut sugar
Rainbow rice

The ingredient list is very simple. The kids found the technique of making the dough interesting. Lots of action like mashing of yam, rolling the dough. Rather like the previous post on Tang Yuan for kids.

The decorating work reminded me of Bakerella Cake Pops, which is very interesting to make for kids, which I will be making soon. The younger kids love sprinkling rainbow rice.

Let me know if you enjoyed these as much as I did!





No comments:

Post a Comment